Sunday, September 15, 2013

Prompt #1


   I opened the door after a long walk on the hottest day of the week thinking it was going to be just like any ordinary shop. To my surprise, the bright vibrant and inviting colors gave me such an energy boost that as soon as I walked in I felt relaxed and stress free. The earthy exotic colors helped put my mind at ease. Curious to see what kinds of things this place had to offer, I walked towards the flavors and was soon greeted by a very enthusiastic worker. They asked if there were any flavors I would like to sample. Feeling calm, I was then escorted to the frozen yogurt and was handed a little white sampler cup.
      I have never been to a place that had so many unique flavors; I did not even know where to start. They had everything from original, cookie dough, all the way to oatmeal cookie. I tested as many flavors as I could just to make sure I chose the right one. After a long process of elimination I chose the peanut butter flavor. I then grabbed a colorful small cup to put my froyo in. I was intimidated at first thinking I had to fill the whole entire cup. Pulling the nozzle to get the yogurt out made me feel like I was a little kid at a magical ice cream machine that seemed so unreal. Looking around dazed and confused I was then politely escorted to a colorful buffet of toppings. The smell inside of orange leaf brought me such joy and relaxation. The smell of fruit gave the store such an exotic feel, almost like you were on an island or beach. I took my time picking out what toppings would go best, I asked the worker for help and he told me his opinion, which ended up being the best option. I loved how friendly everyone in the store was. It made me feel welcome, making my first experience less stressful. Once I chose Oreos and chocolate chips, I walked over so I could pay for my yogurt. Feeling accomplished I set my cup onto the measurer waiting for the pounds to light up. Once my froyo was all paid for it was time to pick a seat.
    Looking around I felt like I was in the future because all of the chairs were so unique, and futuristic looking. This made every table and chair look so inviting. I sat down and felt like my body had sat on a cloud. Not only did the chairs look cool, but also they were so comfortable. While sitting down I got a real good chance to look around at everything in the store to see all there was to offer customers, especially students.
     The bright walls really make you feel relaxed and it seems like such a good environment to bring your homework when the library just doesn’t seem inviting that day. At first, walking into Orange Leaf overwhelmed me because of all the bright colors and complicated designs. But after spending some time in there I realized there was nothing overwhelming about it. Orange Leaf was a place built to make people feel comfortable and relaxed. It is really hard to find places that make you stress free during college, especially freshman year. But I found a spot that I can go to now to clear my head and enjoy any flavor of frozen yogurt that I want. Even though it is kind of a long walk to get here, it is worth it after a long day of studying. The inviting colors, soothing music, caring and enthusiastic people, and comfortable seating, and the overall good environment makes Orange Leaf THE place to be for college students.
     After my experience I concluded that Orange Leaf frozen yogurt is a popular place for college students for many reasons. The aroma is inviting and relaxing, such a perfect place to hangout with friends and get away from the stresses that college brings. I will now be going here frequently with my friends just to hangout and distress. It’s not just the frozen yogurt or the toppings here; it’s the place itself.





                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment