Friday, September 6, 2013

BLOG POST #2

first choice: Bluetique

http://bluetiquecheapchic.com/
 I chose this because when I first came to kentucky during rush week a lot of topic of conversation had to do with what are some really good stores around campus. Bluetique came up a lot when I asked what were some of their favorite clothing stores. I think it would be good to research more about this place because I love fashion. I would enjoy learning about what it takes to run a place like this, like the sales they have to do and everything that goes into having a successful business.

Second choice: Orange Leaf

I would be interested in going and researching this frozen yogurt place on campus because froyo is something that has become so popular all around the world. It would be cool to see what types of things they do to make their frozen yogurt place the best. With places so popular like this, it comes with a lot of competition so I think it would be cool to see how they handle that.

1 comment:

  1. Cassidy,
    I think these are both great options. It sounds like you're interested in looking at things from a business perspective? If that's not really your jam and I'm misunderstanding, don't be afraid to flip the perspective to really focus on what kind of clientele each attracts and study them! There are certain kinds of people who go to each store and for certain reasons...which helps make up the culture of that store as well as what the business itself is putting out there.

    Both sites are really close and unique, so it seems like you have your choice. If you're looking at things from the business side, it would be mostly about who you can contact to do interviews with at each of these sites. Your comfort level & ability to do that may help determine which you choose. Nice ideas!

    ReplyDelete